Write postcards to voters
Whether you’re an experienced postcarder or you’re taking your first step into political activism, we have all the details you need to get started postcarding from home!
If you’re an experienced postcarder and just need access to addresses, the Sister District CA-3 and Indivisible Yolo POSTCARD TEAM distributes addresses and scripts through email.
Please fill out the Postcard Address Request Form to request addresses and one of our team members will get back to you soon.
Heads up! You will need to complete the form each time you want more addresses. You will also need to provide your own postcards and stamps.
If you’re new to postcarding, welcome! We are eager to share all our tips and tricks with you. There are two steps to get started: (1) obtaining postcards and stamps, and (2) obtaining addresses and scripts. Each of these steps is described below.
STEP ONE: GET POSTCARDS & STAMPS
If you do NOT have funds to buy postcard supplies, Sister District CA-3 and Indivisible Yolo have limited funds available to have supplies mailed directly to your home. You can apply for these funds here.
Postcard stamps are available in person at the US Post office or online. You can also use any combination of valid stamps that total 35 cents.
Important note: Use cards that are inclusive. If you buy, print, or make postcards, the images and words should be issue-neutral/benign/safe. Do not depict any holiday.
If you wish to purchase postcards pre-made, here are some suggested options:
- You can buy pre-stamped postcards through the US Post Office in person or online here.
- You can buy postcards directly from Postcards to Voters here.
- You can browse Amazon and find boxes of postcards like this.
You can also create postcards yourself. If you wish to create your
own postcards, scroll down for instructions.
STEP TWO: GET ADDRESSES & SCRIPTS
After you obtain your postcards and stamps, you’ll need to complete the Postcard Address Request Form to request addresses. You will then receive an email with the script and addresses from the Postcard Team.
ARTS-AND-CRAFTS ACTIVISM: CREATE-YOUR-OWN POSTCARDS!
If you wish to create your own postcards, please use the following U.S. Postal Service guidelines.
- Postcards must be on cardstock with minimum dimensions of 3.5” x 5” and a maximum of 4.25” x 6”.
- You can use index cards or cut standard 8.5” x 11” cardstock into four pieces as shown, and decorate with neutral designs
- Decorating is optional! If you want your cards to look unique but don’t have the time or skill to decorate them yourself, you can print out some of our designs onto cardstock and cut as shown below (designs here).
And finally, be sure to leave room for an address and stamp on one side. Happy writing!