Welcome to Indivisible Yolo
Indivisible Yolo is a chapter of the grassroots movement based on the principles outlined in the Indivisible Guide. Indivisible Yolo focuses on:
- Holding elected officials accountable.
- Informing candidates and citizens on representative democracy and progressive values.
- Encouraging elected officials to actively participate in proposing, enacting, and implementing laws that advance progressive values.
Indivisible Yolo is a non-partisan organization that embraces inclusivity and welcomes all who support the principles described in our Mission, Vision and Values statement:
Indivisible Yolo’s mission is to promote progressive policies by activating people to engage in their democracy at all levels of government. We organize and advocate for our policy goals and to get out the vote to elect candidates who pursue those policies. These complementary efforts ensure our democracy works for everyone and that those in power do, too.
A fully inclusive democracy — one that is sustained by and works for everyone to achieve economic, environmental, and social justice for all, fight climate change, and dismantle systemic racism.
- Action: We mobilize people to be active participants in our democracy.
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusion: Through our electoral and policy activism, we seek to remedy injustices and structural factors, such as White supremacy, that prevent people from fully participating in and benefiting from our democracy. As an organization, we strive to foster diverse membership and leadership that share our values, are representative of Yolo County, and feel welcome to fully participate in our activities and decision-making processes.
- Volunteers: As an all-volunteer organization, we work to welcome and support volunteers. We provide opportunities for meaningful action, education, and skill building, while respecting everyone’s time and energy.
- Community: We connect with people who share our values to nourish our collective commitment and create a politically powerful community that works together to multiply our impact and accomplish more through teamwork.
- Sustainability: We believe that to achieve our vision, our community and the work we do require intentional, persistent and targeted efforts that take into consideration available volunteer time and resources.
- Collaboration: We are part of a broad and strong progressive movement. We strive to work in alignment and coalition with other groups, particularly those with issue-based expertise, and to take action together at timely moments to build momentum or effect change.
Download a pdf of Indivisible Yolo’s Mission, Vision and Values statement.